Zhia L. Shepardson
Zhia L. Shepardson is Of Counsel to RLG Law and works in the Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Estate Planning Departments. She is licensed to practice in the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia. She focuses her practice in the areas of Estate and Trust Planning, Domestic Litigation, and serves as a Mediator and Parenting Coordinator.
“I focus in family law because I am passionate about assisting children and families in their time of need.”
– Zhia L. Shepardson
Zhia served as an adjunct law professor at Stevenson University for over 10 years, teaching her students analytical thinking for the legal environment, substantive law, and litigation skills. She previously served on the Montgomery County Judicial Selections Committee and currently works with the Maryland State Board of Law Examiners grading the Maryland Bar Exam. Zhia received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Pre-Law from Villa Julie College (2001) and her Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Baltimore, School of Law (2004). She has also received certification as a parent coordinator, a mediator and settlement conference facilitator, and is trained in collaborative law.
Zhia has been recognized as a top lawyer by Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine and Baltimore Magazine, as well as a named Top 10 Family Attorney in Maryland Under 40 (National Academy of Family Law) and Top 40 Litigator in Maryland (National Trial Lawyers).
In her free time, she enjoys all things outdoors including hiking, camping, and riding horses.
- District of Columbia
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Villa Julie College, B.S., Business Pre-Law, 2001
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Bar Association of District of Columbia
- The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Featured as a guest on television show: “Law School for the Public”
- Top 10 Family Attorneys in Maryland Under 40, National Academy of Family Law
- Top 40 Litigators in Maryland by The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Super Lawyer, Maryland, 2015-Present
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Great professionalism and detail-oriented representation
Help and support and caring
You are really terrific
Located in the heart of Montgomery County, the RLG Law offices are next to the Circuit Court and District Court buildings, and conveniently situated within walking distance to the Rockville Metro Station.